Cracked, dry feet and callouses on the heels and toes are a huge problem.
It makes our feet look damaged, and many factors contribute to this: workout routines, shoes, aging and even our climate.
- Many resort to visiting salons and spas to have our feet done before a lovely vacation or beach day, but it can be costly over time and takes effort. It isn’t known what is inside the scrubs and creams they use at the places, and a lot of these products are labeled as “organic” and “all-natural” yet have many chemicals in them.
- Luckily, there is all-natural means to care for your feet at home to prevent and heal your foot skin from daily wear and tear. Use an essential oil foot balm, such as tea tree oil with peppermint to rejuvenate and moisturize feet , while protecting them against fungi and bacteria found in the feet.
If you like to do DIY beauty care and healing remedies from home, then this easy baking soda foot soak will do the trick to clear up callouses and cracked skin. Best of all, it is a cheap alternative and will keep you away from harmful chemicals.
DIY Baking Soda Foot Soak to Cure Dry Cracked Feet
– Soft scrub sponge / brush / pumice stone
– Lavender oil (optional)
– 4-5 liters of warm water in a bucket (that your feet will fit in)
– 3 tablespoons of baking soda
– First, pour the baking soda in the bucket of water
– Mix well so that the baking soda is fully dissolved
– Add a few drops of lavender oil, if you want to mimic a home spa. The relaxing aroma of lavender oil will calm you down after a tough day at work
– Soak the feet in this solution for 15-20 minutes
– When done soaking the feet, run the underside using a soft scrub sponge, a pumice stone, or a scrub brush
– When done, coat the feet in moisturizer high in glycerin, Vaseline, or coconut oil
– Put socks on to seal the moisture. It is recommended to sleep with the socks on all night
– Repeat this process a few times a week and one or two times a month during the winter season
– If you are interested in making this routine even more intense and effective, mix baking soda with water to create a paste to scrub the feet prior scrubbing them with a brush or pumice stone.
This is a homemade feet treatment which will help you in stepping out with confidence, as well as look and feel amazing.