Undoubtedly, most of the fruits we eat every day offer large quantities of nutrients for our health.
However, for today we selected one fruit that is well-known by its delicious taste and its impressive properties that help body to work better, both the digestive, respiratory and cardiovascular systems.
It is about pineapple, which has proven as extremely efficient in maintaining your health and preventing many diseases thanks to its unique compound.
According to the National Health Service of Great Britain, the daily dose of pineapple a day is 2 slices or 12 pieces.
Find out more about the benefits of eating just 2 pineapple slices a day in this article.
This is what happens to your body whrn you eat 2 pineaple slices a day:
1. Reduce inflammation: Thanks to its substance bromelain, pineapple helps the body to fight against inflammations. In addition to this, it reduces swelling, pain and accelerates the process of wound-healing. Moreover, helps eliminating damaged cells.
Pineapple has also proven as extremely effective in accelerating the regeneration of connective tissue, and therefore it is applied in the healing of sports injuries: bruises, blisters and sprains.
2. Improves heart function: the vitamin C found in pineapple protects the body from vascular problems and helps produce collagen in bones, cartilage, muscles and blood vessels.
3. You will keep your eyesight: Beta-carotene in pineapple protects eyesight. A study published in the Archives of Ophthalmology indicates that three pineapple servings a day reduce the likelihood of developing age-related macular degeneration. This is an eye disease that destroys central vision.
4. Strengthens your bones: Pineapple is rich in manganese, a mineral that strengthens bones and connective tissue. One cup of juice yields 73% of the recommended daily intake (RDI). Manganese also enhances metabolism, calcium absorption, and nerve function.
5. Prevents strokes: it is an excellent source of potassium that helps reduce pressure and prevent strokes. It also prevents myocardial infarction due to the removal of plaque in the walls of blood vessels.
6. Maintains your youth for longer: it contains a lot of manganese. This protects the body’s cells from free radicals, which destroy cells and accelerate the aging of the skin and organs.
7. It will improve your digestion: Pineapple facilitates protein digestion. It also alleviates stomachache and heartburn. Credit goes to the enzyme bromelain. The fruit’s fiber pushes food through the digestive tract, maintaining regularity. It also lowers cholesterol. A 1-cup serving of pineapple cubes provides roughly 2.2 grams of fiber.
Note: Pineapple juice increases the acidity of the gastric juice, so you should be careful with consumption of this fruit if you suffer from gastritis, peptic ulcer of the stomach and duodenum.