Every woman wants to have perfectly shaped breasts throughout her life. Sadly, this is not possible in most cases. Breast sagging is a natural process that happens with age wherein the breasts lose their suppleness and elasticity.
- Though saggy breasts usually start happening after a woman reaches 40, it can occur earlier. Apart from age, other factors that cause sagging breasts include breastfeeding, pregnancy, menopause, rapid weight loss or gain, strenuous exercise, nutritional deficiencies and wearing a poorly fitting bra.
Some diseases like breast cancer or respiratory conditions like tuberculosis can also cause breasts to sag. Also, excessive consumption of nicotine, alcohol and carbonated beverages can contribute to the problem.
Breasts do not have muscle. They are made of fat, connective tissues and milk-producing glands, and they need proper care to keep them in good shape.
A wide variety of creams and lotions are available on the market to tighten and tone up sagging breasts. However, if you prefer natural methods, there are many simple and easy home remedies that you can try.
Here are some of them:
Olive oil massage is an amazing way of breast firming. Sagging breasts are caused because of free radicals whereas olive oil constitutes of fatty acids and antioxidants that can nullify the free radicals’ effect and can make the breasts firmer. Moreover, olive oil will also help you to improve the texture and tone of skin.
1. Take a small amount of olive oil in your hands. Rub your hands and generate heat.
2. Now, apply the oil over your breasts in upward motion. Do this in a massage motion.
3. Keep massaging for fifteen minutes. This will stimulate cell repair and will increase the blood flow.
4. Keep up this remedy for four to five times in a week.
Argan, Jojoba, avocado or almond oil can also be used to massage them.
Diet also plays a role. Muscles under the breasts have to get tighter and this is only with adequate proteins. Also you need minerals, vitamins, calcium. Eat tomato, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, and reduce smoking and coffee.
Cucumber and Egg Yolk
Another excellent remedy for lifting the breasts is a mask prepared from cucumber and egg yolk. Cucumber has natural skin-toning properties and egg yolk has high levels of protein and vitamins that can help treat sagging breasts.
– Puree 1 small cucumber in a blender.
– Mix in 1 egg yolk and 1 teaspoon of butter or cream to get a paste.
– Apply it onto your breasts and leave it on for about 30 minutes.
– Wash it off thoroughly with cold water.
– Use this mask once a week to firm and strengthen the breast tissues.
Aloe vera has natural skin-tightening properties that can help get rid of sagging breasts. The antioxidants in aloe vera prevent damage caused by free radicals and help firm sagging breasts.
– Apply aloe vera gel onto your breasts and massage gently in a circular motion for 10 minutes. Allow it to sit for another 10 minutes and then wash it off with warm water. Repeat this remedy 4 or 5 times a week to get effective results.
– You can also prepare a mixture of 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel and 1 teaspoon each of mayonnaise and honey. Apply this onto your breasts and leave it on for 15 minutes. Rinse it off first with warm water and then use cold water. Do this once a week.
If you notice your breasts sagging, then this is the first thing that you need to do. Incorporate exercise in your daily schedule and choose the ones that focus pectoral muscles around the chest and breast tissues. These exercises will prove to be useful in breast firming. You can try various exercises in this regard like:
– Chest pulls and presses
– Dumbbell Flyes
– Round-about push ups
– Arm raises
These exercises can lift up the sagging breasts and can help them in getting firm.
Note: While doing exercise, do wear an aerobic or a sports bra that is of the perfect size.