You’ve probably heard a lot about how carrots are good for your eyes, but you’ve probably never heard that they also make a cough remedy. Yes, carrots are a great ingredient that removes phlegm when combined with other ingredients (as shown below).
Carrot soup has long been a folk remedy for the cold and flu, but if you’re in a rush, you can also enjoy the vegetable as a cough syrup.
Most cough syrups contain artificial color, artificial flavor and preservatives. This toxin-free remedy works just as well and taste better than any cherry-flavored syrup.
Carrots are nutrient-dense, containing vitamins A, C, and K as well as high levels of potassium.
Experts have long known that vitamin A plays a role in infection and maintaining mucosal surfaces (like your lungs) by influencing certain subcategories of T cells and B cells and cytokines.
Vitamin C had a reputation for boosting the immune system.
Mix in a little honey for antiviral and antibacterial properties. Honey will also coat the throat, making your sore throat less sore and more easy to manage.
Adding a bit of ginger will also help reduce inflammation and ease the pain.
Carrot Cough Syrup
– Carrots (2 Medium)
– Lemon (medium)
– Honey (half a cup)
– Glass container, with lid.
Insert the carrot cut into slices in the glass jar, add the lemon and honey and let it rest for 24 hours prior to starting its intake.
Take in a spoonful of this syrup two times a day or if you like take it as a type of tea, by diluting the very same amount in a cup of warm water.
This solution in addition to battling the cold and the influenza, it is worth the usage of the numerous benefits it has, among which we can find the following:
– It enhances the functions of the intestine assisting to avoid constipation.
– It helps against gastritis, acidity, and reflux.
– Prevents cavities and helps preserve the natural enamel of the teeth.
– It is an ideal natural energizer.
– It supports the treatments to improve the disorders of the bones, muscles, and joints, due to its anti-inflammatory power.
– Combat kidney stones.
– Keep a great view and avoid twilight blindness.
– Enhances the appearance of skin, hair, and nails.