Over 50 million Americans are diagnosed with dandruff every year and dandruff lead to hair damage and makes you feel embarrassed and less confident in public .It can also cause itchiness and dryness to your scalp.
Hera are some simple and natural home remedies :
1. Use a good hairbrush
- brushing your hair will remove dandruff in seconds
- regular brushing can help distribute the sebum, hair oils, cleans your scalp by removing dead skin cells, dirt, and buildup from the hair
- for long hair use a boar bristle brush
- for a thick hair use a brush with large spacing between the bristles
- for short hair select a nylon ball tipped smaller plastic brush.
2. Use a scalp brush
- a scalp brush can clean your hair and distribute the oils on your hair
- it can also invigorate your scalp by getting rid of flakes, buildup, and dirt.
Moisturize your scalp
- hair mask or some other natural home remedies can keep your hair always moisturized
The best moisturized :
- shea butter can act as a natural moisturizer
- raw shea butter is mostly fat extracted from the shea nut native to Africa
- this butter is high in oleic acid so it is not recommended for sub derm condition
3. Hair mask
- hair masks can significantly combat dry scalp
- add some oil to remove : dandruff, dry scalp as well as flaky scalp.
4. Restyle your hair
- the lesser hair you have, the lesser dandruff you will have
- cut it short or simply restyle it.
5. Use a dry dandruff shampoo
- use a dry shampoo to remove the dandruff and dry scalp
- in 2-3 weeks you will see improvements
- use gentle and sulfate – free shampoo to avoid irritation which can allow easier invasion of microbes
- avoid washing your hair on a daily basis and extend washing frequency by 3 – 4 days so that your hair can refresh in between
- use shampoo with dandruff busting herbal properties
- apply an overnight treatment to begin your dandruff, dry and flaky scalp treatment
- use your hairbrush to remove any loose flakes and then apply the herbal balm
- use the shower cap to cover your hair
- wash off your hair in the next morning
- also you can use hair products that contain salicylic acid because salicylic acid removes number of fungi as it consists of antimicrobial, antiviral and antibiotics properties.
6. Wear light-colored clothing
- until you solve the problem consider wearing light-colored dress because the likelihood of being noticed with dandruff will be very low.
7. Wear a hat, cap or scarf
- you can also wear a hat, scarf or a cap to hide your dandruf