National Kidney Foundation published that more than 26 million Americans have kidney disease and 1 in 3 American over 18 is at risk for developing the disease’
Risk factors for kidney disease:
- high blood pressure
- , family history of kidney failure
- being 60 or older
- kidney stones,
- cardiovascular disease
Why kidneys are important?
- filter the blood of toxins,
- clear extra fluid from the body,
- manage electrolyte levels,
- regulates blood hormone levels
- regulates blood pressure,
- make new red blood cells
- keeps the bones strong.
Signs of kidney failure:
- water retention,
- swollen face, hands, abdomen, ankles and feet
- painful urination
- foamy urine
- pink, dark urine (blood in urine)
- increased need to urinate (especially at night)
- puffy eyes
- increased thirst
Occurs when the kidneys can’t remove enough fluid or salt from the body. This can lead to diseases of the heart, liver, and other essential organs.
14 kidney-boosting foods
- cranberry juice helps prevent urinary tract infections
- makes urine more acidic,
- prevents kidney stones
- prevents bacteria from sticking to the walls of the bladder .
- use grape seed and skins as a preventive measure against kidney disease
- has high antioxidant value
- protects the kidneys from free radical damage and toxins
- 15 grapes a day keeps blood alkaline and kidneys to function properly.
- contains quantities of potassium high enough to protect your heart
- As people say : An apple a day really does keep the doctor away!
- contain high levels of citric acid,
- prevents and dissolves kidney stones
- he break up stones that have already formed
- prevents smalls stones from getting bigger
- relieves inflammation in diseased and overworked kidneys
- prevents blood clots by preventing platelets from clumping together
- promotes blood flow
- helps cleanse the blood of toxins
- helps heal back pain,
- make a tea that is a digestive tonic that relieves vomiting, nausea and stomach upset.
- diuretic which relieves edema
- it relieves some symptoms of PMS
- treat digestive disturbances and increase bile flow
- Native Americans boiled the root in water and drank the tea to treat kidney disease .
- eat it daily to treat urinary tract infection and kidney stones
- drink as a tea to ease edema and constipation.
9. Marshmallow Root
- marshmallow root is a diuretic that increases the secretion and flow of urine
- it promotes the elimination of toxins in the kidneys, colon and liver
- promote cleansing and healing of the whole body.
10. Gravel root
- this root is used to treat urinary tract problems: urinary or kidney stones, bladder, urethra and kidney infections .
- helpful for men with prostate problems
- treats symptoms of the early stages of an enlarged prostate : reduced urinary flow, incomplete emptying of the bladder, post urination dripping, and the constant urge to urinate
- used for urinary tract infections, hay fever (allergic rhinitis),
- applied topically can treat joint pain, sprains and strains, tendonitis, and insect bites.
12. Celery Seeds
- used as a diuretic
- has anti-inflammatory and anti-stress qualities
- used to heal liver and spleen disorders.
- fights both inflammation and pain of the kidneys
- has hemostatic abilities
- can stop bleeding and prevent blood in the urine.
14. Hydrangea root
Toxic to household pets, but beneficial for humans . Cures urinary tract problems :infections of the bladder, urethra and prostate; enlarged prostate; and kidney stones.
- 1 tablespoon of dried Hydrangea Root (Hydrangea arborescens)
- 1 tablespoon of dried Gravel Root (Eupatorium purpurea)
- 1 tablespoon of dried Marshmallow Root (Althea officinale)
- 1 quart of juice (apple, grape, cranberry or melon)
Preparation and use:
- crush all the ingredients together in a fine powder using mortar and pestle
- mix 2 1/2 ounces of the herbs into the apple juice
- put the remainder in a glass jar with a lid
- store in a dry, cool place
- boil the mixture and then pour it into a cup
- drink multiple times a day for three days
- add the mixed herbs to warm lemon water
- drink plenty of water to stay hydrated .