Microscopic creatures in the bathroom most of which are harmless, but a handful of them can cause a mess !!!
Gastrointestinal virus is one of them .It can be transmitted easily and survive on bathroom surfaces for up to 7 days.
It can cause:
Other creatures that can be crawling around in your bathroom :
- Gastrointestinal viruses – cause stomach ailments in humans
- Enteric pathogens -organisms spread by contaminated foods ( E. coli, salmonella, shigella, and campylobacter)
- Skin and respiratory organisms- staphylococcus aureus (“staph”) bacteria, the antibiotic resistant MRSA strain, and Group A Strep, known as the “flesh-eating” bacteria
- Dermatophitic fungi – athlete’s foot and is transmitted by walking barefoot in the bathroom
- the “mold and mildew” of bathroom cleanser fame.
4-ingredient non toxic bathroom cleaner that will do a fantastic job :
1 1/2 cups baking soda
1/2 cup African black soap
2 tablespoons white vinegar
3 drops lemon essential oil
pour all contents into a 16-ounce squirt bottle with closing cap
fill the bottle 3/4 of the way with water
shake the contents for 30 seconds
let it sit for a minute
shake for 30 more seconds
always shake before using.