For most people, cataracts develop slowly and don’t disrupt the vision early on. But with time and age, this will interfere with your daily life and you’ll need eyeglasses. You may need surgery down the road, generally, a safe and effective procedure. But still…the question is how to slow down cataracts? Are there any natural remedies for cataracts? Is there a natural way to cure cataract even?
If you’re asking these questions, you’re not alone. According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), an estimated 20.5 million (17.2 percent) Americans aged 40 years and older have cataract in one or both eyes, and 6.1 million (5.1 percent) have had their lens removed operatively. The total number of people who have cataracts is estimated to increase to 30.1 million by 2020.
Symptoms of cataract
The cataract has several degrees of damage and, depending on that, the symptoms will vary, but the main ones are:
– The appearance of double vision in the eye, in case the second is closed at this time. This is the initial symptom, as the disease progresses, it disappears.
– Vague images, the vagueness of images, which has not been corrected with contact lenses and glasses. In this case, both close and far-reaching objects are poorly visible. Patients characterize such a vision as vague.
– Increased eye sensitivity during the night. In general, the night vision is getting worse. All light sources look too sacred to the patient, irritating the eyes.
– The perception of color is distorted, all become paler. It is especially difficult to see the shades of purple and blue.
– Improve vision, which is temporary. This symptom is characterized by the fact that a person who wears glasses before, with the development of the disease, can refuse them. However, this time interval is short and the vision will again begin to deteriorate.
– If a person is often required to change eyeglasses, there is a possibility to think about the cataract, because this disease has the advancement and rapid reduction of visual acuity.
Causes of cataract
There are several positions that determine the etiology at the beginning and the development of cataracts. Among them are the following:
– Diabetes mellitus, leading to the development of diabetic cataracts and other pathologies of the thyroid gland. In particular, titania, muscular dystrophy, and others.
– Smoking and prolonged alcohol abuse.
– Eye injuries.
– Taking drugs belonging to the corticosteroid group.
– Long exposure to sunlight on the eye.
– Age on the face. The more the body grows, the lower the ability of the body to resist toxins coming from the outside environment. In addition, the level of antioxidants set by nature decreases.
First of all, if you have the first symptoms of cataract, you should see a doctor. The diagnosis of this problem is conducted by an ophthalmologist.
So, the only real answer to the question: “What to do if there was a cataract?” – it is to go to the diagnostics for an ophthalmologist and start treatment as soon as possible, and usually, this problem is treated surgically, but there are also natural remedies for treatment, and such a remedy is followed.
Powerful Natural Remedy
– Boiling water – 4 cups
– Raspberry Leaves – 4 teaspoons
– Rose petals – 1 cup
How to Prepare and Use It
First, in a pot add the water and boil it. Then put the other ingredients and let it simmer for a few minutes. Let it cool down, and strain it. Take the obtained mixture and wash your eyes with it. You will need to use this remedy once on a daily basis.
The regular use will help strengthen the retina and prevent the development of cataract.
– You need to eat more foods rich in vitamin E and C, such as blueberries, and cabbage.
– You should also avoid saturated fats and dairy products.