Meditation is a mind and body practice used by cultures for centuries .
It can :
- increase calmness and physical relaxation,
- improve psychological balance,
- coping with illness,
- enhance overall health and well-being”
- is an important part of human activity.
Meditation is practiced in :
- Christianity (monastic life and praying the rosary),
- Judaism (Kabala)
- Islam (Tafakkur and Sufism).
Recently , scientists started looking on the health benefits of meditation and according to the National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health, you can use meditation to:
- reduce blood pressure,
- fight symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome,
- relieve anxiety and depression
- treat insomnia.
Pioneer of integrative medicine Deepak Chopra recommends meditating once in the morning and once in the evening .He recommended meditation as the best way to stay healthy .
For start try a guided meditation specifically designed to boost the body’s natural defenses.
Simply find a quiet place and begin your journey to health and wellness.
5-Minute Guided Mediation: