Flue time means your child is having a fever more often and even though many studies confirmed that if your child is completely healthy fever is nothing to worry about we always worry .
Fever fight off an infection in the body but if the fever gets worse and your child is burning up you need to give him medications to lower it .
NOTE : if a high fever lasts for more than a few days take your kid to a pediatrician.
For lower temperatures you can try some of this natural methods :
- wash and peel the potatoes
- grate the peeled potatoes
- put the grated potatoes in your child’s socks
- it will lower the fever in 5 minutes .
2.Brandy and water
- dilute small cup of brandy with the same amount of water in a bowl
- soak gauze with this mixture
- squeeze the excess mixture out of the gauze
- put it in the child’s socks.
3.Cold washcloth on forehead
- put a cool, damp washcloth on your child’s forehead while your child is sleeping or resting.
4.Give your child a lukewarm bath
- use lukewarm water while you give your child a bath
- don’t use cold water by any chance, because it can make them shiver and cause their body temperature to rise even more
- the water evaporates from the skin and it will cool the body
5.Give your child plenty of fluids and chilled food
- give your child lots of cold foods and drinks
- it will lower the body’s temperature from the inside out
- keep them hydrated.
- see a doctor immediately if your child is younger than 3 month and has a fever
- call a doctor for a baby, 3 to 5 months old, if the baby’s temperature reaches 101 degrees or higher
- older than 6 months – call a doctor if the baby’s temperature reaches 102 degrees .