If you are like most people, then you have a few layers of fat that you have gained over the years and it seems you just can’t shake them off, no matter what you do and how hard you try. Although the road to weight loss should be a very simple one – eat right and exercise regularly and the pounds will melt away – only a handful of people manage to complete the journey to their dream body with relative ease. Most of us take a few wrong turns on the way and end up regaining every pound we’ve lost and adding a few more after another round of bad fad diets.
Believe it or not, the solution to this universal problem is setting the right mindset before embarking on your weight loss journey. Instead of letting others shape your decisions, you can ensure significant results in a short period of time by educating yourself about the way your body works and restructuring your approach to weight loss with the help of the latest scientific findings. No more magical pills, diet shakes and revolutionary training programs. This article will help you get right back on track in 5 quick basic steps!
Weight Loss Steps
Reduce sugar and starch- this is the first and the most important step you must take to lose weight. You should cut back on your intake of sugar and starch in your food because these are the things that increase the production of insulin in the body the most.
Insulin is the main component that stimulates the fat storing hormone in the body. When such foods are avoided, insulin gets released and burns out the fat that is stored instead of the carbs.
It is not surprising to lose up to 10 pounds in the first week of following a sugar and starch free diet.
- Eat Foods Rich In Protein- foods rich in protein encourage the growth of lean muscles and provide metabolic benefits for the body which increase the chances of weight loss. According to the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, the group which was on higher protein diet had a higher ability to lose weight than the high carb group, even though both groups took the same level of calories.
- Namely, foods that have protein control the blood sugar level much better than foods that are rich in carbs. They also lower the feeling of hunger and thus, make it easier for you to maintain a balanced diet. Protein-rich foods also take need more time to be digested than foods rich in carbs.
Foods rich in protein are: fish and seafood, meat, eggs, broccoli, spinach, sprouts, lettuce, cucumber, celery, and cauliflower.
- High-intensity training- forget about the treadmill. If you really want to lose weight on a fast and efficient way, you need a high-intensity training routine. Tons of studies have already proven that high-intensity workouts yield far superior results compared to moderate and low intensity workouts, regardless of their duration.
- Pair the principle of high intensity with strength training and you’ve got the perfect combination for melting fat away, building quality muscle and priming your metabolic rate.
Quality sleep– make no mistake, getting fit is a task that demands your full attention and plenty of sacrifices. And one of the most underrated contributing factors to weight loss and maintaining a lean body is sleep. First of all, a lack of sleep is associated with an increased daytime level of cortisol, a hormone that causes increased appetite, poor blood sugar control and excessive fat storage. Some studies have actually shown that chronically elevated levels of cortisol can negate even the effects of the best diet and training program.
Therefore, if you’re constantly stressed out or not getting enough sleep night after night, you won’t see any great results from your weight loss efforts. So in order to boost your progress and improve your overall well-being, find a relaxing technique that works for you and opt for at least 6-8 hours of sleep per night.
- Avoid Fad Diets
Signs to identify a weight loss program which is more a fad:
– Diet that excludes protein food items.
– Focuses more on a supplement or proprietary product.
– Claims to provide super quick results.
– Proofs are completely based on client’s testimonials which are too good to be true.
- Stay Away From Scam Diets
How to spot a scam weight loss program?
– Overly promoted.
– Too much expensive.
– Required to purchase only proprietary products which are of no use.
– Provides relevant proofs with only before and after pictures.
Rely on science-backed diets
If you follow this simple guideline in the process of selecting the right diet plan and training program for you, we can guarantee you that you will lose weight on a sustainable way and promote your health and well-being. It might not be super-fast, because real results never come that quick, but if you just make the effort and commit yourself to your new healthy habits, your dream body will be only one step away.