If you thought facial hair was bad, wait until your body hair begins to grow out of control!
Everyone has, at least, a little bit of body hair -under their arms, around their genitals, on their legs, and so on. Then there are the people unlucky enough to sprout hair from harder-to-reach places: their backs, their shoulders, their arms, etc.
Some body hair is to be expected, to men and women alike. But what do you do when it darkens, thickens, and makes you look like you’re wearing a hair rug on your back or shoulders? Get rid of it, of course!
- There are so many ways how to get rid of body hair -from shaving to waxing to laser hair removal -but what about natural methods? Are there ways to get rid of your body hair using only ingredients found in nature? No lasers, no harsh hair removal creams, and definitely no risk of razor burn!
Thankfully, there are a few natural hair removal methods that work. If you want to know how to get rid of body hair for good, read on to find out a few simple methods for all-natural hair removal…
1. Turmeric Powder & Rose Water Paste
Turmeric is not only popular for its antiseptic and antibacterial properties, but can also do a good job in preventing surplus hair growth.
On the other hand, the cleansing ability of Rose water helps in elimination of the dirt inside the clogged pores on the skin.
– 2 tsp of turmeric powder (or as many needed to cover the area you want to remove hair from)
– Rose water
– Put the turmeric powder in a bowl
– Add the rose water and thoroughly mix them until what you get is a smooth texture
– With the paste, massage the body parts you want to remove hair from gradually. Leave the paste on for 20 minutes approximately (or until it’s dry)
– Rinse your skin with warm water for smooth effects
– For best results, repeat the process at least once a week
Dense Hair Variation
Follow the same process, but instead of rose water – use gram flour
2. Lentil and Potatoes
Potatoes when combined with yellow lentil will help in effectively removing unwanted hair. Potatoes have natural bleach properties in them. The combination of these two items will help in making the hair color lighter. It is an Ayurvedic process to get rid of the hair on the face and other parts of the body.
– One potato
– A bowl of yellow lentil
– One tablespoon of honey
– 4 tablespoons of lemon juice
– Sieve or cloth
– You need to yellow lentil in water overnight.
– Peel off the skin of the potato and crush it. Take it in a bowl.
– Remove all the water from the lentil and grind it to make a paste.
– Now you need to extract the juice from the crushed potato and add it to the yellow lentil paste.
– To this mixture add freshly squeezed lemon juice and honey and mix well.
– Apply this mixture on your face and other parts of the body where you have unwanted hair.
– Leave it to rest on your body parts for about 20 to 30 minutes or until the paste completely dries out.
– Now remove the paste from the a-plied area by rubbing your fingers over the paste. The dry lentil paste will pull off the hair from your body as you rub the paste.
– You need to repeat this process two to three times in a fortnight to get rid of unwanted hair completely.
3. Turmeric & Raw Papaya Paste
This remedy is suitable for all skin types including those with sensitive skin. There is an enzyme present in raw papaya called “papain” which helps restricting the growth of hair by breaking down the hair follicles from which the hair grows. This remedy is also useful in improving the texture of the skin as it works as exfoliate and removes the dead skin cells. There are two methods for using this remedy.
– Take peeled papaya and make it into little pieces
– Grind the pieces to make fine paste
– Take 2 tablespoons of this papaya paste and mix it well with ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder
– Apply this mixture to the face or legs or to the unwanted hair on other parts of the body
– Massage the skin with this mixture for about 15-20 minutes and later wash it with water
– Repeat this remedy at least twice a week to remove the unwanted body or facial hair.
4. Honey, Lemon & Sugar Paste
All the active ingredients together work as a wonderful option to the usage of wax parlors. While sugar functions as a remarkable exfoliant (due to its granular texture), honey makes a paste when added to it.
Lemon, on the other hand, is a natural whitening representative and helps lighten the color of your body hair. You should know that this treatment resembles parlor waxing, and might be a little uncomfortable.
– 1 tsp of honey
– A bowl of water
– 1 tbsp of sugar
– A bowl of cornstarch
– 1 tsp of lemon juice
– Mix all the ingredients together in a cooking vessel
– Heat it up utilizing a low flame to avoid burning it. Sugar will begin to melt and form a thick paste slowly
– If the paste is too thin, add 1-2 tsp of cornstarch. If the paste is too thick, add some more water
– Carefully use some cornstarch on the areas you wish to remove hair from
– Cool the paste down before applying it on your skin and in the instructions of hair growth.
– Dab your skin firmly using a cloth and rip it off after in a quick motion
– Repeat the same procedure on all problem areas you want to remove hair from.
5. Egg Mask Facial Hair Removal
Egg white is a sticky substance like sugar, lemon and honey mask. Once it dries on your face, it is very easy to pull it off and when you pull it down, the unwanted facial hair will also come along with it. But, you may experience pain when pulling off the dried egg mask.
– Half a tablespoon of Corn flour
– One egg
– 1 tablespoon of sugar
– Bowl for mixing
– Break an egg and take the white from the egg in a bowl.
– Add corn flour and sugar to it. Stir the ingredients well and make it a smooth paste.
– Now apply this as a face mask and allow it to dry on your face for about 20 to 25 minutes.
– It will become a think egg mask on your face once it dries completely.
– Now with a firm hand peel off the egg mask from your face in such a manner that the facial hair also is pulled out.
– Repeat this procedure two to three times in a week to completely get rid of facial hair.