We all know that getting rid of the belly fat can be a struggle. It is probably one of the most problematic areas of the body to lose weight. What people usually do to eliminate this issue and have a toned and flat belly is doing sit-ups. However, according to various experts, there is an exercise which can replace even 1,000 sit-ups.
This amazing exercise is called “a plank”, and it is static, but all the weight of the body lays on the hands and toes, while the body is straight as a board. The body cannot move an inch, and this is the way to a flat and sturdy stomach, as well as to the painless back, because the strong abdominal muscles support the spine.
What is extremely important about it is that if you practice it several times a week for ten minutes a day, you will have better results than if you did 1,000 sit-ups.
Nevertheless, you need to make sure that your body is in the correct starting position, and respect these instructions:
– First, press your palms firmly on the floor.
– Then, stretch your shoulders so that they are as distant from each other as possible. Keep your neck elongated and hands firmly.
– Make sure you don’t raise your buttocks but hold them lower.
– Keep your body in a straight line, and not as a triangle.
– Breathe in and out rhythmically.
Achieving a perfect starting position is crucial. When you have done everything to make the proper starting position, you should start doing this exercise:
– Press your hands and knees on the floor so that your wrists are in line with your shoulders and your back is straight.
– Look up about 30 inches ahead of you. Your nose facing the floor, position the back of your head in a parallel position to the ceiling.
– Stretch your right leg to back so that the fingers are bent and then extend your left leg. At this point, your entire body should be resting on your hands and toes.
– Tighten your abdominal muscles and hold for about 20-60 seconds.
– Bending your knees, sit on your heels so that the big toes touch while your knees are separated.
– Lower your knees toward your thighs, while lightly touching the floor with your forehead. Stretch out your arms in front of you and relax.
– Do this exercise three times in a row. Once you get used to doing it, extend the time for more than 60 seconds.