Do you have laurel leaves in your spice cabinet? Well, besides using this common spice to enhance the flavor of many meals and dishes, you can use it to prepare a laurel essential oil to treat different health problems and conditions.
So, from now on you won’t look at laurel leaves only as a common flavoring, but also as an ingredient of a potent home remedy for numerous health issues.
Use laurel leaves to make your own laurel essential oil that is extremely beneficial to your health.
Health Benefits of Laurel Essential Oil
Here are main health benefits of homemade laurel essential oil:
- Rub warm laurel oil on your aching joints to reduce joint pain and inflammation
- Also, you can use it to treat migraines and earache
- Massage laurel oil on your temples to get rid of your severe headache
- Next, this oil is better than aspirin for reducing a high body temperature
- Laurel essential oil can improve your appetite
- Moreover, laurel oil helps relieve stomach ache and pain in the intestines
- It helps regulate the function of kidneys and liver
- Furthermore, use it as a lotion to treat facial skin problems. It is a potent remedy for acne and pimples.
Health Benefits of Laurel Leaves
Here are some of the best health benefits of laurel leaves:
- Boost the immune system
- They calm the nervous system
- Clean the colon
- Reduce joint pain
- Increase and stimulate sweating
- Improve the overall mental activity
- Treat Varicose veins
Laurel Essential Oil Recipe
- 250 ml of olive oil
- 30 gr of laurel leaves
Mash the leaves and add the oil. Transfer the mixture into a glass container, preferably a bottle, and close it tightly. Keep the bottle in a cool and dark room for two weeks. Also, don’t forget to shake the bottle from time to time. Then, after 14 days, use cheesecloth to strain the oil and pour the liquid into a separate container. Store the laurel essential oil in a cold room.