Did you know that your brain needs to make an effort when you laugh at a joke and some people dreams are in black and white?!
Let’s have a look at some amazing facts about the brain:
1. It’s not true that we only use 10% of their brains. Each part of the brain has a purpose.
2. Have a headache? It’s not your brain that hurts. There aren’t any pain receptors in your brain.
3. Your brain is made up of about 75 percent water.
4. Wonder why you don’t act out your dreams? Your brain creates a hormone to stop you from doing this.
5. Most people have 4-7 dreams each night, and around 95% of dreams are forgotten by the time a person gets out of bed.
6. You are not dreaming if you snore. (debatable)
7. They call it beauty sleep for a reason. This is when your brain files away all your memories during the day.
8. You can’t tickle yourself and laugh because your brain knows it’s your own touch – as opposed to someone else tickling you.
9. It takes some effort to laugh at a joke – five different areas in your brain are involved.
10. Your brain consists of about 100 billion neurons.
11. Your brain makes up to 23 watts of power when you’re awake – enough for lightbulb.
12. Your brain indentifies image in 13 milliseconds.
13. A study of 1 million students in New York showed that students who ate lunches that did not include artificial flavors, preservatives, and dyes did 14 percent better on IQ tests than students who ate lunches with these additives.
14. There is a class of people known as supertasters who not only have more taste buds on their tongue, but whose brain is more sensitive to the tastes of foods and drinks. In fact, they can detect some flavors that others cannot.