Himalayan salt provides numerous health benefits, and unlike the regular table salt, this one contains 84 natural elements and important minerals which are normally found in our body. They contribute to our overall health and vitality. The minerals found in Himalayan salt are very tiny so they can be easily absorbed by our body cells.
Salt Therapy Is Nothing New
Salt rooms are relatively new in U.S. but not in Eastern Europe where they were used for therapeutic purposes for over 200 years.
In the past, people used to visit salt mines to help treat their lung conditions. Even ancient Greeks used salt therapy known as Halotherapy to treat their respiratory problems.
- With the introduction of salt rooms in spas throughout U.S., salt therapy started to be popular and appreciated. Salt is well known for its anti-microbial, anti-fungal, and antibacterial properties.
There are still many who visit salt mines throughout the world to help treat and eliminate their respiratory conditions like congestion, allergies, hay fever, and asthma. Others go to the newly-emerging salt rooms in London, Orlando, and New York to obtain the same benefits.
- Nevertheless, you don’t have to go this far to obtain the amazing Himalayan salt benefits. You can enjoy them by including this salt in your daily life, and there are various ways to do that. Add it in your meals, baths, or get a Himalayan salt lamp to neutralize the harmful positive ions in your home. You can find this salt in numerous forms like slabs, blocks, rocks, labs, coarse salt, ground salt, etc.
Health Benefits of Salt Inhalers
These inhalers are combination between the best modern and old technology. Himalayan salt is consisted at the bottom of the inhalers so the air’s natural moisture actually absorbs the salt particles into your lungs when you breathe in.
This powerful technique is excellent in the fight against lung inflammation and really helpful for treating issues such as hay fever, sinus congestion, congestion, asthma, allergies and colds. Unlike traditional inhalers, this technique comes with no side effects:
– Due to the presence of antibacterial, anti-fungal, anti-microbial in its content, Himalayan salt cleanses the body from toxic and harmful organisms.
– It reduces redness and swelling of nasal passages.
– This inhaler relieves irritation and inflammation from smoke and pollutants.
– Reduces excess mucous and eliminates night time coughing and post nasal drip.
– You need to put Himalayan rocks inside your ceramic inhaler according to the package directions. You should know that plastic inhalers are not recommended.
– You need to place the inhaler mouthpiece in your mouth.
– You should exhale through the nose and inhale normally through the mouth.
– Because the inhaler is for dry therapy only, do not add water.
– The salt ions will go to the lungs if you inhale with long slow deep breaths. Because the ions are so small in size, they bypass the nasal filtering system and go directly into the lungs. The ions are absorbed and brought into the bloodstream by the lungs. Besides being able to reduce the pain in the lungs from various conditions such as asthma, bronchitis or pneumonia, it is also able to reduce the inflammation.
NOTE: Inhalers are recommended for only one person, which means that you should not share them with others. Follow the cleaning directions on your inhaler package.
If everyone in your family uses this type of inhalers, each family member should have their own.