Before relying on testing for answers, you are already gifted with a natural testing machine: your body. Listening closely to your body can provide you with some helpful hints on spotting diseases, like cancer, that you might otherwise overlook.
Signs to Look For
1. Wheezing/shortness of breath – Lung cancer patients remember noticing this as one of their first symptoms but didn’t initially connect it to cancer.
2. Frequent fevers or infections – Frequently a sign of leukemia, a cancer of the blood cells that starts in bone marrow. It causes the marrow to produce abnormal white blood cells that hinder your body’s infection-fighting abilities.
3. Difficulty swallowing – linked with esophageal or throat cancer, and in rare cases with lung cancer as well.
4. Chronic cough or chest pain – linked with lung tumors and leukemia
5. A red, sore, or swollen breast – These symptoms can indicate inflammatory breast cancer. Call your doctor about any unexplained changes to your breasts.
6. Nipple changes – One of the most common changes women remember noticing before being diagnosed with breast cancer is a nipple that began to appear flattened, inverted, or turned sideways.
7. Changes in nails – Unexplained changes to the fingernails can be a sign of several types of cancer. A brown or black streak or dot under the nail can indicate skin cancer, while newly discovered “clubbing”– enlargement of the ends of the fingers with nails that curve down over the tips — can be a sign of lung cancer. Pale or white nails can sometimes be a sign of liver cancer.
8. Unusually heavy or painful periods or bleeding between periods – linked with uterine cancer.
9. Pain in the back or lower right side – linked with liver cancer and breast cancer.
10. Swelling of facial features – linked with lung cancer.
11. Lymph nodes that are swollen or lumps on the skin of your neck, underarm, or groin – Any drastic changes in your lymphatic system should be carefully observed. These changes could be warning signs of lymphatic cancer.
12. A sore that doesn’t heal – Get to know the various kinds of skin cancer. Melanoma, basal cell carcinoma, and squamous cell carcinoma are three common types. Check your skin for odd growths or spots.
13. Weakness and fatigue – Such a common symptom of cancer that it should be looked at in combination with other symptoms to determine which it is.
14. Excessive bruising or bleeding that doesn’t stop – Suggests abnormalities with the platelets and red blood cells, which can be a sign of leukemia. Leukemia cells crowd out red blood cells impairing your blood’s ability to carry oxygen leading to clots.
15. Bloating or abdominal weight gain – Ovarian cancer patients reported unexplained bloating that came on suddenly and continued for a significant amount of time.
16. Feeling full and unable to eat – This is another tip-off to ovarian cancer; women say they have no appetite and can’t eat, even when they haven’t eaten for some time.
17. Pelvic or abdominal pain – Pain and cramping in the pelvis and abdomen can go hand in hand with the bloating that often signals ovarian cancer. Leukemia can also cause abdominal pain resulting from an enlarged spleen.
18. Rectal bleeding or blood in stool – This is a common result of diagnosing colorectal cancer. Blood in the toilet alone is reason to call your doctor and schedule a colonoscopy.
19. Rapid and unexplained weight loss – Rapidly losing weight is a warning sign of digestive and colon cancers. It is also a sign that cancer has infected the liver. It you lose your appetite and stop producing a normal amount of waste, see your doctor..
20. Upset stomach or stomachache – Stomach cramps or frequent upset stomachs may indicate colorectal cancer.
Whether you are a man or a woman, it’s important to watch for any unusual changes in your body and energy levels in order to detect any signs of cancer early on. The sooner you notice there’s a problem, the sooner you can begin to take the steps necessary to promote healing within your body.
Of course, ideally you should follow an anti-cancer lifestyle even before you notice any symptoms, as prevention is the best route when it comes to most chronic diseases. It is not unusual for 10 or more years to pass between exposure to a cancer-causing agent (tobacco, chemicals, radiation, cell phones, poor nutrition, etc.) and detectable cancer.
So during this time you have a chance to alter the progression of the disease.
Cancer is actually a group of diseases characterized by uncontrolled growth and spread of abnormal cells. The “cure” lies in controlling this abnormal growth and stopping the spread.
Your body has a remarkable capacity to do just that — to heal — and that ability is fueled largely by your lifestyle. If you eat well, exercise, get enough sleep and sun exposure and address your emotional stress, your body should be able to maintain a healthy balance.
The problem with cancer often lies not only with ignoring these health principles but also with the invasive and highly risky treatments that conventional medicine relies on to treat it — surgery, chemotherapy and radiation.
This may surprise you to hear, but a recent landmark study found some cancers, even invasive cancers, may go away without treatment, and it may happen more often than anyone thought.
On the contrary, many experts now say cancer patients are more likely to die from cancer treatments like chemotherapy than the cancer itself.
The alarming rates of cancer deaths across the world — cancer has a mortality rate of 90 percent, according to Italian oncologist Dr. Tullio Simoncini — speak volumes about the effectiveness, or lack thereof, of these treatments, yet they are still regarded as the gold standard of cancer care.
Cancer Rates Continue to Rise in 2009
The number of people diagnosed with any type of cancer is increasing from year to year. In 2009 in US there were 1.5 million new cases of cancer. In US nearly one out of four deaths is caused by cancer, which means that there are around 1,500 people that die from cancer daily.
The biggest causes of cancer are obesity and overweight, physical inactivity and poor nutrition. Also the cause of cancer can be lack of vitamin D from sun exposure in some cases.
If you unfortunately are diagnosed with cancer, you should not panic, but you should be strong and to open your mind right away so you can cure it. Many people are choosing treatments like chemotherapy because they think that that is the only treatment. But that is wrong, there are safer and natural options, and you might have one of them right now in your home – baking soda.
Baking soda can kill the cancer cells without any side effects, and chemotherapy has side effects. Baking soda is so effective when it comes to cancer, and you might ask yourself – if that is true why no one is promoting baking soda? Well today everything is about the money, baking soda is a cheap product and everyone can buy it from almost any store, which means no one will have profit from it, like there is profit from the treatments like chemotherapy.
With using a local infiltration device (catheter) and with that to deliver the sodium bicarbonate directly to the infected site in your breast tissue or bladder can heal cancer in just six days, without going to treatments such as surgery, chemotherapy and radiation.
Many cancer patients are vitamin D deficient, because calcitriol (the activated form of vitamin D) is protecting against cancer with inducing cell differentiation and controlling cell proliferation. And people with low vitamin D will be less able to make activated vitamin D in that amount where it can protect against cancer.
Living an anti-cancer lifestyle now will help your body to stay healthy and in balance, and avoid developing cancer in the first place. Here are the top tips to start living your healthier lifestyle now:
1. Normalize your vitamin D levels by getting plenty of sunlight exposure and consider careful supplementation when this is not possible. If you take oral vitamin D and have a cancer, it would be very prudent to monitor your vitamin D blood levels regularly.
2. Reduce or eliminate your processed food, sugar and grain carbohydrate intake. Yes, this is even true for whole unprocessed organic grains, as they tend to rapidly break down and drive your insulin and leptin levels up, which is the last thing you need to have happening if you are seeking to resolve or prevent cancer.
3. Control your fasting insulin and leptin levels. This is the end result, and can be easily monitored with the use of simple and relatively inexpensive blood tests.
4. With taking high-quality animal-based omega-3 fat you will normalize your ratio of omega-3 to omega-6 fats.
5. Exercise regularly.
6. Sleep enough.
7. You should eat according to your nutritional type.
8. Reduce your exposure to environmental toxins like pesticides, household chemical cleaners, synthetic air fresheners and air pollution.
9. Limit your exposure and provide protection for yourself from radiation produced by cell phones, cell phone towers, base stations and WiFi stations.
10. Avoid frying or charbroiling your food. Boil, poach or steam your foods instead.
11. You should have a tool to permanently reprogram the neurological short-circuiting that can activate cancer genes, such as Meridian Tapping Technique.
12. Eat at least one-third of your food raw. Personally my goal is 85% raw and I am usually able to achieve that.