Lemon Poppy Seed Zucchini Loaf
Makes 1 loaf
- Active ingredients:
– 2 cups gluten-free flour mix
– 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
– 2 teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
– 2 pasture-raised eggs
– 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
– 1 cup coconut sugar
– 3 tablespoons lemon juice
– 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
– 1/2 cup unsweetened nut/seed milk
– 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
– Zest of 2 lemons
– 1 cup grated zucchini
- For the glaze:
– 1/8 cup raw honey
– 1/8 cup coconut butter, melted
– 2 tablespoons lemon juice
– Pinch of Himalayan salt
1. First thing you should do is to preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a small bowl, combine the cashew milk and apple cider vinegar, stir well and allow to sit for 5 minutes
3. Integrate the spelt flour, poppy seeds, salt and baking powder in a medium bowl
4. In a separate big bowl, beat the eggs and add in the melted coconut oil and coconut sugar, whisk till evenly blended. Include the lemon juice, fermented cashew milk, and lemon zest. Mix once again till equally included.
5. Squeeze any excess moisture from the zucchini and fold into the wet mixture. Add the dry active ingredients to the damp and blend together until well integrated.
6. Pour the batter into a greased 9 × 5/ 10 × 4 loaf pan and bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out tidy.
7. In the meantime prepare the glaze; melt the coconut butter and then contribute to a small bowl, whisk in the raw honey and lemon juice until velvety and well incorporated.
8. After the loaf is baked, include the glaze to the top of the bread while still warm, enable the glaze to set before cutting and serving.
9. Store leftovers in an airtight container.
Note: It is best to pair this with some delicious coconut butter, see on the picture above!