Coca cola is a well renowned brand in the world and one of well-known brands among the people. It is an irony that in many places it is easier to get a coke than clean water to drink.
Coke portrays itself as an environmentally and socially conscious company, but the reality is different. The company is connected with water shortages as well as pollution.
Moreover, Coke’s acidity makes people question its toxicity and its effect on human health. Coke’s pH rating is only one point higher than that of battery acid.
In a study sponsored by the National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, researchers found that individuals who consumed at least one soda a day had a 44% higher risk of developing metabolic syndrome during the four-year study.
The team studied more than 2,400 middle-aged white residents of Framingham, Mass., specifically focusing on the more than 1,600 people who showed no signs of metabolic syndrome at the beginning of the study. These individuals were then tracked by the researchers for at least four years.
Those who drank at least one soda per day also had:
– Increased risk of high blood pressure
– 25% bigger risk of developing high blood triglycerides or high blood sugar
– 30% higher risk of having a larger waistline
– 32% bigger risk of experiencing low good cholesterol levels
– 31% greater risk of dealing with obese
Moreover, another research showed that these people can experience a 48% increased risk of heart attack or stroke if consuming one or more sodas on a daily basis in comparison with those people consuming less or don’t drink sodas at all.
In addition, soft drinks are proven to raise the risk of respiratory issues, such as asthma and COPD.
10 Coke uses in the house:
1. It helps in rust removal. You just need to use a fabric dipped in coke to clean.
2. It removes blood stains from fabrics.
3. Remove oil stains from a garage floor. First let the stain soak and then wash off.
4. Clean your burnt pans. Leave the pan soaks in the Coke and then wash off.
5. Clean your engine; Coke distributors have been using this technique for decades.
6. Make pennies shine: soaking old pennies in Coke will remove the tarnish.
7. You can use coke to remove the vitreous china stains too.
8. You may be surprised, but coke can clean your toilet too. Just pour it around the bowl, and flush to get clean toilet.
9. Coke and aluminum foil will bring Chrome to a high shine.
10. Strip paint off metal furniture. Soak a towel in Coke and lay it on the paint surface.
Coca-Cola is obviously a product that has many wonderful uses. Although the record indicates that the best uses of this product are not associated with consuming it!