When they intend to incorporate healthy habits into their lifestyle, numerous people decide to replace eggs and meat with tofu, as we are continually told by the soy industry that it is the healthier option.
Yet, apparently, the opposite case is still the better alternative. Namely, tofu is far from a healthy food, so it is advisable that you stick to your common habits and continue eating grass- fed meat, organic eggs, and raw dairy industry products.
According to Dr. Daniel, food processors used in the West divide the soybeans into oil and protein, which is an unsafe and harmful procedure, which involves high pressure, and temperature, alkali, acid baths, petroleum solvents, which release carcinogenic and poisonous residues.
These fractionated products isolate and hydrolyze plant protein since all processed soy has trypsin which impedes proper digestion, as well as phytates which obstruct the absorption of minerals.
A diet rich in soy products can cause numerous health problems, including:
- Soy allergies;
- Increases homocysteine levels;
- Raises the risk of heart diseases, stroke and birth defects;
- Reproductive disorders;
- Thyroid problems, such as hair loss, loss of libido, fatigue, malaise, lethargy, weight gain;
- Brain damage;
- development issues in children, babies and adolescents, as well as premature puberty;
A petition signed by Dr. Daniel and a colleague — expert which contained 65 pages was sent to the FDA, demanding it to retract the statement approved in 1999 that soy prevents cardiovascular diseases.
Soy products should not be consumed by pregnant women, as well as children. Namely, babies and children are most prone to the mimicking effects of the hormone in soy.
The daily exposure to estrogen-imitating chemicals in children who eat soy formulas has been found to be 6-11 times higher than in the case of adults who ate soy foods. Moreover, the hormones’ concentration has been 13,000-22,000 times higher than the levels of estrogen in the blood. This amount is the same as 5 birth control pills daily. Hence, always give your children natural and organic foods.
Here are the most important reasons to eliminate soybeans from your diet:
- Soybeans have hemagglutinins which cause blood-clotting.
- The majority of soybeans are GMO and are full of pesticides.
- Soy has goitrogens which cause decrease the function of the thyroid gland.
- Soybeans contain phytates that block the mineral absorption, that is, the absorption of zinc, iron, magnesium and calcium.
- Soybeans are rich in anti- nutrients ( natural toxins), like inhibitors, that block the enzyme secretion which is necessary for the protein digestion and are not destroyed in the cooking process. This causes an extensive gastric disease and chronic amino acid intake deficiencies, leading to damage of the pancreas, and even cancer.
Yet, you can still consume soy in a safe way as follows:
- Miso-usually used in miso soups, miso paste has a salty taste and buttery texture.
- Natto- its taste is similar to cheese, and it has a sticky texture. It is rich in vitamin K2, beneficial bacteria known as bacillus subitilis, and nattokinase (blood thinner).
- Soy sauce- many soy sauce varieties are made of artificial chemical products, but the sauce is made from soybeans, salt and fermenting enzymes.
- Tempeh- its taste is similar to mushrooms, and its texture is nutty and firm.
Hence, it is important to eliminate all kinds of foods with soy ingredients, such as soy cheese, soy protein powders, soy energy bars, soy milk, soy burgers, and soy ice cream. You should also avoid processed foods, and eat fermented, unprocessed, and whole foods instead.