Cracked heels are a very common problem and can range in severity from a cosmetic issue to a painful problem. So, if your heels aren’t in perfect shape, sadly, there’s not much a lovely pair of summery flip-flops would be able to do.
Home Remedies for how to cure cracked heels:
There are several home remedies for cracked heels that you can try to resolve the problem. Here are the top 10 remedies for cracked heels.
1. Lemon, salt, glycerine, rose water foot mask:
One of the first steps towards having a pair of beautiful feet is to heal them, and that is why this foot mask is absolutely perfect home remedy for cracked heels.
– Take a basin of warm water and add raw salt, lemon juice, glycerine, and rose water. Soak your feet for about 15-20 minutes in this water.
– Using a pumice stone or a foot scrubber, scrub your heels and the sides of the feet.
– Mix one teaspoon of glycerine, one teaspoon of rosewater, and one teaspoon of lemon juice. Apply the mixture on your cracked heels. Since this will be a sticky mixture, you can wear a pair of socks and leave it on overnight.
– Wash off with lukewarm water in the morning.
– Repeat this for a few days till your heels become soft.
2. Vegetable oil:
A variety of vegetable oils can be used to treat and prevent cracked heels. Olive oil, sesame oil, coconut oil or any other hydrogenated vegetable oil will work. For best results, use this remedy before going to bed to allow ample time for the oil to fully penetrate your skin.
– Wash your feet and dry them up completely using a clean towel. Then apply a layer of vegetable oil on the cracked parts of your feet.
– Wear a pair of thick socks and leave it on overnight.
– Wash your feet in the morning.
– Do this nce every day before going to bed.
3. Banana along with banana and avocado foot mask:
– Blend a ripe banana and half an avocado.
– Apply this thick, creamy paste over your heels and feet.
– Keep it on for 15 to 20 minutes and then wash off your feet with lukewarm water.
Or you can try a foot mask using only banana:
– Take the pulp of a ripe banana and apply over cracked parts of the heel and feet.
– Keep on for about 10 minutes and wash off.
Avocados are rich in several essential oils, vitamins, and fats that help repair dry skin. Banana works as a moisturizer and makes your skin softer and smoother.
4. Vaseline and lemon juice:
– Soak your feet in warm water for about 15-20 minutes. Rinse and pat dry.
– Mix one teaspoon of Vaseline and a few drops of lemon juice. Rub this mixture over your heels and other cracked parts of the feet till it gets absorbed into the skin.
– Apply this mixture and wear a pair of woolen socks. Keep it on overnight and wash off in the morning. Woolen socks help trap the body’s heat and increase the effectiveness of the mixture.
– Wash off in the morning.
– Do this regularly before going to bed.
5. Paraffin Wax:
This is an especially good treatment if you have really cracked and painful heels.
– Take some paraffin wax and mix it with mustard oil or coconut oil.
– Heat the mixture in a pan till the wax melts properly. Allow this to cool down to room temperature. Apply the mixture on your feet. To get the best results, apply before going to bed and wear a pair of socks.
– Wash off properly in the morning.
– Do this once or twice a week before going to bed.
Honey has moisturizing and antibacterial properties, making it an excellent treatment for dry and cracked heels.
– Stir one cup of honey in a foot tub filled with warm water.
– Soak your feet in the water for 15 to 20 minutes.
– Scrub your feet gently.
– Do this daily or several times a week until you see improvement.
7. Rice Flour:
Rice flour can be used a part of a homemade exfoliating scrub.
– Take 2-3 tbsps of ground rice and add a few spoons of honey and apple cider vinegar to make a thick paste.
– If the cracking on your heels is extremely bad, add a tablespoon of olive oil or sweet almond oil.
– Soak your feet in warm water for 10 minutes and then gently scrub them with the rice flour paste.
8. Olive oil:
Virgin olive oil is one of the most natural ways to get smooth soft healthy heels.
– Apply some extra virgin olive oil with the help of a cotton ball and gently massage your feet in a circular motion for 10-15 minutes.
– Wear a pair of thick cotton socks and wash off after an hour.
– Next, take 1 tbsp olive oil, a few drops of lemon oil or lavender oil in a small bottle and add an equal amount of water to it. mix it properly to get a thick solution.
– Apply this homemade foot cream on your feet a few times in the day and also overnight.
– Mix the powdered oatmeal and olive oil to make a thick paste.
– Apply this over your feet, especially over the heels and any cracked parts.
– Leave it on for about half an hour. Rinse off with cold water and pat dry.
– Every alternate day till you get rid of cracked heels.
10. Sesame Oil
– Apply sesame oil on your heels and any other cracked parts.
– Massage well till it is absorbed by the skin.
– Do this daily before going to bed.
Try out these home remedies for cracked heels and see the difference.