Golden milk is actually called Haldi ka doodh, which translates to turmeric milk. It is believed that it has originated in India as part of the Ayurvedic system of healing, golden milk was consumed as for anti-inflammatory, detoxification, healthy blood sugar, and many more health benefits.
Golden milk is actually a combination of herbs and spices with coconut milk and coconut oil warmed up to create a delicious and health-packed drink that you can have anytime of day, although the best results come if you consume this beverage upon the first waking and before bedtime.
Golden milk is in fact magical and can aid your liver detoxification process before going to sleep. This creamy drink has so many different health benefits! Let’s learn some more about golden milk!
What’s in Golden Milk?
Golden milk is actually a mixture of turmeric powder, coconut oil, coconut milk, black pepper, and ginger root. You can also add honey if you prefer the taste. The most remarkable and strong spice turmeric is “guilty” for the range of various health benefits that golden milk presents to its drinkers. Although, the coconut, black pepper, and ginger root all possess health benefits to offer as well.
Golden milk is traditionally created as a milk and heated up, but you might also make teas, pastes, and other variations of this famous drink in order to add to meals or just to keep until you want to drink it again! Let’s take a glance at some of the great health benefits of golden milk.
Are you ready to discover the amazing benefits of golden milk? We’ll look through each ingredient to see what they have to offer by drinking this succulent beverage.
– Turmeric. This powerful spice is also known as the„Healing spice“ and has been used in ancient medicine in liver disease treatment, respiratory illnesses, gastrointestinal problems, muscle and joint pain such as arthritis), and skin disorders, due to its strong anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties. It has proven as extremely effective in the chronic disease treatment, autoimmune disease treatment, food allergy treatment, and cancer treatment.
It is also highly beneficial in reducing depression, preventing degenerative cognitive illness like Alzheimer’s and dementia. It regulates blood sugar and detoxifies the liver from environmental toxins.
– Coconut oil. Helps in maintaining a healthy weight, promotes rapid weight loss, enhances the heart function and the immune system, aids digestion, prevents liver and kidney disease. Coconut oil is considered as the best natural treatment inside and out.
– Coconut milk. Magnesium, vitamin B, electrolytes, a source of fatty acids that can combat weight gain, helps stabilize blood sugar, and promote joint health.
– Black pepper. Relieves cold symptoms, prevents anemia, helps digestion, fight free radicals and helps your body in turmeric absorption.
– Ginger. Aids digestion, prevents nausea and relieves cold symptoms, provides anti-inflammatory properties, essential for maintaining a healthy joint health. Additionally, regulates blood sugar and relieves menstrual pain.
– Honey. Provides antibacterial properties essential for relieving cold symptoms, great for allergy treatment, contributes for a better night’s sleep.
How to Make It
Making golden milk is easy and only requires the ingredients listed above! You could also use other types of milk in place of the coconut milk. It’s also important to note that dairy is one of the most common food intolerances and can be responsible for a wide range of health problems including irritable bowel syndrome, eczema, acne, or you could have an allergic reaction to dairy, which could include hives and breathing problems.
Golden Milk Recipe:
2 cups of coconut milk
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 tablespoon coconut oil
A small piece (about a quarter to a half-inch wide) of fresh ginger root, peeled and minced
Pinch of black pepper
Half a teaspoon of cinnamon
1 teaspoon honey
Mix all ingredients together in a saucepan and heat them up for about five minutes (no boiling).
You have your golden milk ready to drink which help your body detoxify, promote healing, decrease inflammation, and enjoy many other health benefits.