You may not take as serious as should this condition, but after reading this article, we hope that you’ll pay more attention. It is about asthma. Asthma is a serious health condition which comes as a result of the thickening of the bronchial tubes and a chronic inflammation which can lead to suffocation. In most cases, people with asthma are allergic and sensitive, so whenever their lungs are irritated, their muscles tighten and produce phlegm in the throat. Asthma attacks are most often followed by coughing, wheezing and shortness of breath.
You probably know that people who suffer from asthma use inhalers, but they are in fact a potential risk for more health problems, since they contain lots of chemicals, such as steroids, which are harmful for the lungs. Believe ti or not, some people have even cured asthma by reducing the use of inhalers.
Therefore, besides consuming carrot juice, you need to make some changes into your daily diet.
Here is the recommended portion of asthma-friendly foods:
– ¼ pineapple+ 1 cucumber+ 2 capsicums (yellow/red)+ ½ bunch watercress+ ½ lemon
– 1 cucumber+ 2 medium-sized beetroots+ 3 sticks lemongrass+ ½ lemon
– 2 green apples+ 6 ribs celery+ a bunch of spinach+ a bunch of parsley+ ¼ lemon
– ¼ pineapple+ 1 fennel+ 8-10 leaves of kale+ 3-4 radish(pungent)+ ½ lemon
– 2 cups of strawberries+ 1 cup cranberries+ 1 pomegranate
– 1 oz(1 shot) wheatgrass juice+ a squeeze of lemon juice.
On the other hand, in order to prevent future asthma attacks, you need to avoid these foods:
– Citrus fruits
– Vegetable oil like corn, sunflower, safflower (can cause inflammation)
– Soft drinks and alcohol
– Animal products like eggs, cow milk, dairy, meat( beef, pork, mutton, chicken and fish)
– Sodium and monosodium glutamate ( as they can increase the constriction of the bronchial tubes that the histamine causes)
Important to remember: Even though citrus fruits should be avoided, lemons and lemon juice are considered beneficial for this condition. Lemon juice actually owes its anti-asthmatic property to vitamin C and unlike other citrus fruits, it has an alkalizing effect.