Every cuisine in the world includes garlic. Often times it is served cooked, but it is always better to use it raw, as eating it raw makes this popular spice a powerful medicine.
If you eat garlic on a regular basis, you can help manage the symptoms of numerous common health issues, such as osteoarthritis, diabetes and enlarged prostate.
Garlic is also very efficient and beneficial for out heart health, as it aids in lowering high blood pressure and cholesterol, reverses the effects of atherosclerosis, and it prevents coronary heart disease and heart attacks.
This amazing herb boosts your immunity and helps your body eliminate the toxins. If you combine it with ginger or onion, it becomes effective even for detoxification of your body from chemotherapy.
We need to mention that garlic is also great when it comes to everyday health issues including hay fever, cold, flu, traveler’s diarrhea, bug bites, and fungal infections.
How To Use Garlic
Allicin, garlic’s active compound is denaturalized by heat, and this is why it is always better to consume raw garlic. If you want its compound to work best, crush it and chop it, and then leave it for about 15 minutes before you start with your meal. By doing this, you will activate a chemical reaction that makes the allicin from the garlic more bioavailable.
Why is garlic recommended to be consumed on an empty stomach? It is because when your stomach is overwhelmed with food, it is harder for your body to process and absorb the nutrients from the food itself.
You can include garlic in your everyday diet in numerous ways, and one of them is in combination with honey.
1. You will need two or three cloves of garlic, chopped into small pieces
2. Mix the chopped garlic with a spoon of honey
How to Make a Garlic Flu Tonic
In case you have sensitive skin, make sure you put on some gloves while you prepare this recipe. Also, avoid rubbing your eyes as you put this tonic together, because some of the natural oils the garlic contains can cause a skin rash or burn.
- A tablespoon of ginger, roughly chopped
- Organic apple cider vinegar
- Five cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
- Half a yellow onion, roughly chopped
- Juice of one lemon
- Two red chili peppers, roughly chopped
- Find a 350 ml to 500 ml mason jar and put the chopped onion in it
- Then, add the chopped garlic to it
- Next you should add the red chili peppers without removing the seeds
- Then, add the ginger to the mixture in the jar
- After you have squeezed the lemon and removed the seeds, pour the lemon juice in the jar
- Add the apple cider vinegar to the top of the jar, leaving only one cm of room
- Close the jar with its lid
- There you have your garlic flu remedy ready to be consumed